Foundation / Corporation
06/15/19 11:59 PM CDT
Grants of $1,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, schools, and public agencies to support soccer programs for children and youth between the ages of 5 and 18. This grant offers support for field and player equipment, registration fees, and professional development and training for volunteer coaches. Preference will be given to programs serving in-need communities.
- Scholarships / registration fees
- Player equipment (e.g., shin guards, balls, jerseys, shorts, socks)
- Field equipment (e.g., balls, cones, field flags, permanent goals)
- Certified training and / or professional development for volunteer coaching staff (non-administrative)
GrantWatch ID#: 182108
As part of the program, Target will provide annual $1,000 grants on behalf of each Target store and distribution center in the US.
Grants will be provided to US federally tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, accredited schools, or public agencies located in the US that have soccer programs serving youth 5 to 18 years old.
Note: A public agency is an organization established and primarily funded by the U.S. government, such as public schools, public libraries, public parks, and law enforcement agencies. A public agency must be able to provide a valid Government affirmation letter or have a valid NCES number.
- Infrastructure or capital expenses for soccer field development and maintenance
- Administrative expenses
- Individual (Target-named) team sponsorships
- Transportation expenses related to tournaments
- Tournament sponsorships
- National soccer associations
Target also does not make grants to:
- Programs taking place outside of the United States, U.S. protectorates or Canada
- Educational institutions for regular instructional programs
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Treatment programs such as substance or alcohol abuse
- Professional athletic teams or events
- Fundraiser or gala events
- Advocacy or research groups
- Capital or building construction projects
- Endowment campaigns
- Elected officials
- Organizations that do not comply with the non-discrimination policy
- Applications are accepted between noon CDT May 1, 2019 and 11:59 pm CDT June 15, 2019.
- Grants will be awarded in October 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Eligibility quiz and online application: https://www.cybergrants.com/target/Soccerapplicationquiz
If you have questions related to Target youth soccer grants, please call the program’s Customer Service line at (507) 931-8397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming