Foundation / Corporation
National Center for Responsible Gaming (NCRG)
09/03/19 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Grants of up to $75,000 per year to USA, Canada, and International nonprofits and businesses for high-quality research related to gambling disorder which will directly impact gambling policy. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to applying. Proposals based on topics other than policy are also welcome.
The NCRG seeks proposals of high scientific merit from investigators who show promise of disseminating their work at high-impact conferences and in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Allowable Cost Items:
- Personnel. Allowable personnel expenses include salary and applicable fringe benefits for the Principal Investigator, post-docs and graduate students (if they receive a salary) and other professional and technical staff.
- Consultant Costs. Identify consultants by name and estimate the number of days of service and rate of compensation.
- Equipment. Only equipment essential to the conduct of this project is allowed. In the Budget Justification section, explain how it directly relates to this project. Equipment is defined as items > $5,000 and having a useful life of more than two years. Items costing less than $5,000 should be included in the Supplies category.
- Human subjects. Costs of recruitment (e.g., purchase of advertising), payments to subjects, patient care and other costs associated with the use of participants in the study.
- Facilities & Administration costs. Up to 15 percent of the total direct costs.
- Travel. NCRG grantees are required to present a poster at the annual NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction. Budget for travel to the conference in Las Vegas, Nev. in the second year of the grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 183933
Applicants may request up to $75,000 per year in direct costs and up to 15 percent in Facilities and Administration costs.
Large Grants support two-year projects.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Upload completed application to:
The original hard copy, postmarked by September 3, 2019, should be mailed to:
Shayna Adams, Program Officer
National Center for Responsible Gaming
900 Cummings Center, Suite 321-U
Beverly, MA 01915
Questions? Contact Christine Reilly, Senior Research Director (email@example.com; 978-338-6610) or Shayna Adams, Program Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org; 978-338-6610).
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.