U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA)
07/15/19 11:59 PM ET
Grants to USA state and local governments, Tribes, and public agencies, such as police departments and school districts, for projects that enhance safety and reduce violence in schools. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete.
Under this solicitation, applicants can apply to carry out activities related to 1) the development and operation of school threat assessment and specialized multidisciplinary intervention teams designed to identify threats before they materialize, including those that originate from individuals with untreated or unidentified mental illness to respond to identified threats and mental health concerns, 2) development and implementation of technology that allows for anonymous reporting, 3) the creation and/or operation of a State School Safety Center.
- Category 1 - A state with a population of greater than 5,000,000
- Category 2 - A state with a population of fewer than 5,000,000
- Category 3 - An urban area or large county with a population of greater than 500,000
- Category 4 - A suburban area or medium-sized county with a population of between
100,000 and 500,000
- Category 5 - A rural area or small county with a population of fewer than 100,000
- Category 6 - A federally recognized Indian Tribe
- Those applying for the technology portion of this solicitation will apply under Category 7,
which does not have a population requirement: Category 7 - Technology and anonymous reporting
- Those states applying for the school safety center portion of this solicitation will apply under
Category 8, which does not have a population requirement: Category 8 - A state proposing to create or enhance a State School Safety Center.
Applicants may use the grant to contract with or make one or more subawards to:
- Local educational agencies
- Nonprofit organizations, excluding schools
- Units of local government or tribal organizations (as defined in section 4(l) of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 5304(l))
For program objectives and deliverables, see the RFP: https://www.bja.gov/funding/STOPTech19.pdf#page=7
GrantWatch ID#: 185772
64 (Categories 1, 2, and 3: 8 awards each; Category 4: 18 awards; Category 5: 13 awards; Category 6: 6 awards; Category 7: 17 awards; Category 8: 7 awards)
BJA expects to make the following awards by category under this solicitation:
- Category 1: up to $1,000,000 each.
- Category 2: up to $500,000 each.
- Category 3: up to $500,000 each.
- Category 4: up to $250,000 each.
- Category 5: up to $150,000 each.
- Category 6: up to $100,000 each.
- Category 7: up to $250,000 each.
- Category 8: up to $1,000,000 each.
Period of performance start date October 1, 2019
Period of performance duration 36 months
BJA may, in certain cases, provide additional funding in future years to awards made under this solicitation, through continuation awards.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For technical assistance with submitting an application, contact the Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 800–518–4726, 606–545–5035, at https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/support.html, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Response Center
TTY 301–240–6310 (hearing impaired only)
Web chat: https://webcontact.ncjrs.gov/ncjchat/chat.jsp.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming