Foundation / Corporation
08/02/20 11:59 PM
Grants and in-kind donations of services to Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas filmmakers in eligible counties for the production of short films. Funding is intended to create and expand opportunities for local directors. In-kind services and rentals include the following: equipment, camera gear, post-production sound mix, insurance packages, and film festival waivers. Production and filming must take place in the Memphis area and its surrounding counties, specifically: Shelby, Tipton, and Fayette in Tennessee; Crittenden and Mississippi in Arkansas; DeSoto and Marshall in Mississippi.
GrantWatch ID#: 186216
$13,000 production grants ($5,000 Cash + $8,000 in-kind rentals and services)
- Firefly Grip & Electric is donating $2,500 per grant of cash-equivalent, no-strings-attached rentals of their lighting and grip equipment to be used exclusively for the three winning short film productions. Standard insurance and rental agreement required.
- LensRentals.com is donating $1,500 per grant of in-kind rentals for lens and camera gear to be used exclusively for the three winning short film productions.
- Music+Arts Studio is donating $1,000 per grant in-kind for post-production sound mix to be used exclusively for the three winning short film productions.
- VIA Productions is providing a full coverage insurance package worth at least $2,500 to be used exclusively for the three winning short film productions.
- Up to $500 in film festival submission waivers.
- All IndieGrant Finalists will be invited to attend the Industry Speed Meetings at the 2020 Indie Memphis Film Festival. These meetings are a great opportunity to meet industry professionals, including out of state producers and distributors, ready to offer advice or even connect you to new collaborators for your next project.
Principal photography of the short must be completed by the end of December 2021. Filmmaker may premiere the film anywhere outside of Memphis, but the regional premiere within the seven counties must be coordinated with an Indie Memphis event (festival or otherwise) within 1-year of first public screening.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Submission Form:
- Proof of Concept Short Film IndieGrant: https://forms.gle/SDnF2zoRRT1QBVmX6
- Documentary IndieGrant: https://forms.gle/DMhx95uF9VTBtYSa8
- Narrative IndieGrant: https://forms.gle/LGFvi7ikvBx2PNmC8
Email material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1910 Madison Ave. #632
Memphis, TN 38104
Phone: (901) 214 – 5171
USA: Arkansas: Crittenden and Mississippi Counties; Mississippi: DeSoto and Marshall Counties; Tennessee: Shelby, Tipton, and Fayette Counties
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Matching grants of up to $10,000 to USA nonprofits and government units operating youth baseball or softball programs in eligible midwest states for major field renovations. Applicants in Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and South Dakota may apply.
Grants of $25,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and volunteer fire companies for community benefit projects. Funding is intended to support a wide range of impactful and sustainable initiatives that meet community needs.
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a
Grants to USA nonprofits for activities that positively impact people around the world and their communities. Support is primarily given to programs in the areas of architecture and the arts, education, addressing the needs of underserved communities, and scientific res
Award to a USA, Canada, or International scientist or team of scientists to recognize outstanding medical research accomplishments. Researchers eligible for nominations may be from any public or private organization or institution, including commercial or government ent