Foundation / Corporation
GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer and Van Auken Private Foundation (VAPF)
07/15/19 11:59 PM PT
Grants to USA, Canada, and International research teams for innovative lung cancer research. Funding is intended to support creative multidisciplinary, translational, and collaborative research projects. The goal of the program is to find young, “out-of-the-box” researchers who can deliver significant and measurable results that move toward the goal of making lung cancer a chronically managed disease. Teams will be comprised of at least two young innovators who will drive the research project and will be guided by mentors at their institutions.
The focal key words of this funding mechanism are:
- Out-of-the-box: High-risk, high-impact research that will typically not be selected for federal funding, is creative and has potential for near-term benefit to lung cancer researchers
- Translational: Research with outcomes that can be quickly moved from the lab to the clinic, or from the bench to bedside
- Multi-Disciplinary: Projects that involve multiple academic disciplines/specializations in their approach to solve a problem in the field of lung cancer
- Collaborative: Research that fosters collaboration among young researchers who haven’t worked together in the past, preferably across institutions preferred
Lung cancer patient-oriented research in the following topic areas is preferred (however, all submissions will be evaluated). Patient-oriented research: Research conducted with human subjects (or on material of human origin such as tissues, specimens and cognitive phenomena) for which an investigator directly interacts with human subjects. This area of research includes:
- Early detection and screening using novel, validated biomarkers
- Targeting the tumor microenvironment-combination strategies
- Biomarkers for response to immunotherapeutics
- Small Cell Lung Cancer: identifying and targeting specific underlying genomic abnormalities
- Causative factors in non-smokers
- Relevance to lung cancer patients: The proposed research must deliver a meaningful and measurable result that will help move towards our goal of making lung cancer a chronically managed disease.
- Innovation, creativity, quality and originality of proposed transformative research: Novel approaches with strong scientific rationale and clear capacity to revolutionize prevention, early diagnosis, staging, or treatment for patients with lung cancer or for individuals at risk are encouraged.
- Scientific merit: Outstanding and rigorous proposals that present an appropriate, feasible and adequate experimental design/methodology and measurable outcomes as determined by peer review.
- Potential for rapid translation to clinical testing and patient benefit: Proposals that articulate a clear path to clinical application will be strongly favored.
- Key Criterion for Go2 Team Science Awards: Collaborative and multidisciplinary emphasis: Meaningful collaboration between two or more PIs with complementary expertise that offers the possibility for synergistic advances. Research groups may be within the same institution, or inter-institutional.
- Research Environment and Investigator capability
- Structured Mentorship Plan (for additional information, see the Guidelines in Pre-Application Information, below).
GrantWatch ID#: 183799
The Young Innovators Team Award will provide up to a total of $250,000 per team over a duration of 2-3 years.
- Award Start Date: November 1, 2019
- Award End Date: November 1, 2021 or November 1, 2022 (depending on the proposal)
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.lungcancerfoundation.org/research/grants/2019-apply/
Please direct questions to Dr. Amy Moore at email@example.com
GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer
1100 Industrial Road #1
San Carlos, CA 94070
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.