Foundation / Corporation
07/31/19 11:59 PM EDT
Grants to USA early career investigators for research projects focusing on schizophrenia or substance use disorders. The purpose of the program is to advance the awareness and understanding of central nervous system disorders and to help patients that are affected by them.
2019 Areas of Interest:
Substance Use Disorder (SUD):
- Research on SUD treatment, management, and prevention
- Research on SUD and its complications in special populations
- Preclinical, clinical, translational, and epidemiological research related to SUD
- Short-term and long-term economic and clinical outcomes using real-world data in SUDs
- Research on assessment methods addressing barriers to optimal outcomes for persons with schizophrenia
- Research on patient-centered outcomes
- Preclinical and translational research related to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia or its treatment
- Health economic outcomes research related to schizophrenia
Projects should yield results that merit submission as abstracts to scientific meetings and, subsequently, publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Funds may be used for:
- Personnel necessary to complete the project. This cost may not exceed 50% of the direct cost.
- Funding for hours of work, which are specified in the research project.
- Supplies and consumables necessary to fulfill the research project’s aims.
- Travel to a scientific meeting for the presentation of data from the project may be included. This may be up to $1,500.
- Overhead costs (Additional documentation is required for overhead costs greater than 30% for clinical projects and greater than 50% for non-clinical projects).
GrantWatch ID#: 186086
Alkermes has reserved 4 awards for the SUDs program and 4 for the schizophrenia program.
Up to $100,000 per project
The duration of the grant will be 2 years. Each grant is non-renewable.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to applications@PathwaysResearchAwards.com.
If you require clarification of any information, contact the Pathway Research Awards Program Manager by the email info@PathwaysResearchAwards.com.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming